Abaqus Knee Simulator (AKS) – Conceptual Design of Knee Implants using Numerical Simulation
In today’s technology-driven age, medical device companies face various challenges to deliver innovative and effective implant designs to patients requiring knee arthroplasty. To provide high quality patient care, manufacturers are increasingly relying on realistic simulation to drive innovative and low-cost knee implant solutions.
Abaqus Knee Simulator (AKS) is an automated modelling tool to build basic to advanced knee implant simulations. This tool reduces your reliance on time-consuming trials and expensive lab equipment. Both Cruciate Retaining (CR) and Posterior Stabilized (PS) knee implants can be analyzed.
Abaqus Knee Simulator (AKS) contains the following workflows:
- Contact Mechanics: Basic contact pressure and area distribution between femoral and tibial components
- Implant Constraint: Laxity between femoral and tibial components without any soft-tissue
- Tibiofemoral (TF) Constraint: Analysis of the laxity of the TF joint
- Wear Simulator: Prediction of wear on the tibial insert
- Basic Total Knee Replacement Loading: Analysis of knee joint mechanics during daily activities