VIAS is looking for a FEA Consultant with the following qualifications for a full-time position at our Houston office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform advanced FEA simulation including non-linear and dynamic models.
- Prepare technical proposals, reports and compelling presentations.
- Perform project technical management tasks and support the business development team.
- Perform analysis using ASME (Sec. II, VIII) and API (579) codes.
- Perform fitness-for-service (FFS) assessments for crack and non-crack like flaw.
- Execute and deliver projects and tasks in a consulting environment with multiple priorities and evolving timelines.
- Be enthusiastic about learning. VIAS routinely works with clients across all industries such as oil and gas (upstream and downstream), medical devices, marine, federal, manufacturing and so on.
- Conduct and attend meetings outside regular working hours. VIAS has many clients, offices and consultants in different time zones, including Asia.
- Support other supplementary tasks for the company, such as making technical presentations at conferences, conducting webinars, providing technical content to marketing.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Strong experience with Abaqus is a must.
- Masters or PhD in Mechanical Engineering / Structural Engineering / Civil Engineering.
- GPA of 3.5 or above.
- At least five years of industry experience.
- Strong experience with design by analysis and FFS.
- Experience in FEA with understanding of formulation, material behavior and best practices. Strong experience in Abaqus.
- Understanding of fatigue and fracture mechanics.
- Must be proficient in understanding complex engineering problems using first principles.
- Should have the ability to perform independent research and develop new workflows and methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative team environment. The candidate will be expected to lead client facing meetings (in person or online).
- Multiple industry experience is desirable.
- Previous experience with a simulation consulting company.