Delivering Digital Continuity Across the Virtual and Real Worlds of Manufacturing
A) Current Trends in Manufacturing Industries
Industry 4.0, the fourth industrial revolution, is revolutionizing manufacturing by providing manufacturers with the opportunity to utilize advanced manufacturing capabilities and information technology (IT) throughout the product lifecycle.
- Internet of Things (IOT).
- Predictive Maintenance is Keeping Production on Track.
- Shifting Focus from B2B to B2B2C.
- Leveraging Supply Chain for Competitive Advantage.
- ERP Systems Are Continuing to Streamline Processes.
- Greater Visibility into Big Data is Helping Manufacturers Achieve More.
- VR and AR Are Continuing to Forge Winning Partnerships Between Man and Machine.
- 3D Printing is Making Production Faster and Cheaper.
B) Challenges in Manufacturing Process
The manufacturing industry is expected to continue to grow in the next few years, despite all the challenges. Apart from the instability in both national and international economic conditions, there are also various internal challenges faced by manufacturers.
- Forecasting Demand for Product.
- Controlling Inventory
- Improving Efficiency at Manufacturing Plants
- Increasing ROI
- Skilled Labour Shortage
- Managing Sales Leads
- Coping with New Technological Advances
- Manual handling and safety
- Robotics and automation change
- Digitize Operations
- Accelerate Innovation
- Overcome Complexity
- Operate Globally, Serve Locally
- Increase Responsiveness
- Drive Operational Excellence
C) Solutions and Benefits in DELMIA Portfolio on 3DExperience Platform
Optimize your complete Manufacturing Operations
With the manufacturing landscape increasingly customized and on-demand, one optimizes complex manufacturing process to achieve cost reduction and production efficiency.
Leverage the DELMIA Portfolio on 3DExperience Platform using
- Digital Manufacturing (DM).
- Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS).
- Manufacturing Operation Management (MOM).
a) Leverage Three Operational Disciplines in Global Industrial Operations Using Digital Manufacturing Solutions
1) DIGITALIZATION OF MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING (DM)
Engineering in the Digital Age (Engineering)
Create 3D virtual processes on a data-integrated 3D virtual twin of the shop floor, to minimize risks and maximize opportunities with full operations visibility.
- Collaborative Manufacturing
- Process Planning
For Manufacturing Engineering Excellence
- Extensive Virtual 3D Simulated planning and correlation to manufacturing assets
- Optimized simulation of people, plant and equipment’s.
- Capability studies factoring all resources.
2) ADVANCED PLANNING & SCHEDULING (APS)
Operate with Excellence (Planning)
Enable data-driven what-if scenario planning, and informed decision making.
- Sales and operations planning (Long term Planning)
- Master planning (Mid Term Planning)
- Detailed production scheduling (Short Term Planning)
For Advanced Planning and Scheduling
- Automated Planning and Scheduling to maximize and balance production lines.
- Proactive anticipation of plant capacity requirements.
3) MANUFACTURING OPERATION MANAGEMENT (MOM)
Planning never ends (Operations)
Optimize Manufacturing Execution Systems with smart integration to ERP and machines.
- Warehouse & Inventory
- Labour and Field Operations
- Centre of Excellence
For Enhanced MES (MOM)
- Real-time track and trace of production and changed at all sites.
- Visibility, Control and synchronization of all global processes and resources.
- Operate with Compliance to process definition.
b) DELMIA Delivers four valuable Outcomes.
D) Success in Results
Long-term success in manufacturing depends on several factors listed below.
- Inventory reduction and annual efficiency saving in Plants.
- Reduction in lead time and Engineering Change Orders (ECOs).
- Reduction in inventory across multiple Plants.
- Increase in production capacity by optimizing layout and material flow.
- Gain in production throughput.
- Gain in “Right the First Time”.
- Reduction in quality issues.
- Annual cost savings from scrap reduction.
- Reduction of paper use on shop floor.
- Zero Parts Per Million (PPM) error rate achieved for shipment processes.
- Increase in product mix achieved, without additional capacity.
- New products successfully launched per year.
- “Time-to-Quality” reduced.
E) Customer References and Benefits Achieved